How to setup Host dependency in icinga [ssh agentless setup]

• I have configured 100 servers with ssh agentless setup , All servers are only accessible through a port forwarding server 192.168.60.2, But sometimes this port forwarding server may not reachable which causes icinga to assume all 100 hosts are down, How can I prevent such behaviour in icinga by setting a dependency to "port forwarding server 192.168.60.2" and stop all related service & host notifications ?

Sample Host configs

• Same for services then.

• Thanks for the quick reply Dnsmichi ,

Is there any syntax errors in below code ?

• apply Dependency "portforward-gateway" to Services

must be : apply Dependency "portforward-gateway" to Service.

dependencies that tie to services need both of the below example set:

Code
    1. parent_host_name = "thehost" parent_service_name = "the_service_i_am_depending_on"

Why dont you validate your config using icinga2 daemon --validate, it would have told you instantly...

• must be : apply Dependency "portforward-gateway" to Service.

dependencies that tie to services need both of the below example set:

Code
    1. parent_host_name = "thehost" parent_service_name = "the_service_i_am_depending_on"

Why dont you validate your config using icinga2 daemon --validate, it would have told you instantly...

Actually I meant "is this syntax correct ?" , Yes I do check validation by "service icinga checkconfig "

• dnsmichi  

Currently I have below dependency configuration

Code
    1. apply Dependency "internet-check" to Host {
    2. parent_host_name = "office-internet"
    3. assign where cidr_match("192.168.60.2/32", host.address)
    4. }
    5. apply Dependency "internet-check" to Services {
    6. parent_host_name = "office-internet"
    7. assign where cidr_match("192.168.60.2/32", host.address)
    8. }

But sometimes I get down and recovery notifications (email alerts )even after adding above dependency configuration

Will adding below options to the dependency configuration fix this issue ?

Code
    1.  states = [ DOWN ]
    2.   disable_checks = true
    3.   disable_notifications = true
  • states = [ Up ] is the default already (the dependency will fail if the parent host is not in this state)

disable_notifications = true is also the default. disable_checks can optionally be added, if it helps with preventing further checks. Keep in mind if the parent host name is not checked that frequently that a child host/service won't "see" its failure.