upgrade OMD 1.10

• Hi, Dear OMD experts,

one of our test enviroment is using OMD 1.10, which should be updated to a certain new version. I just know that OMD has now two possibilities: Check_MK RAW or OMD-LABS.

My question:

Is it possible that i make a update dierectly from old OMD 1.10 to the current OMD-LABS versoin? Any documentation?

Is it possible that i make a update dierectly from old OMD 1.10 to the current Check_MK RAW versoin? Any documentation?

If neither of them can be done, what should i do then?

Best wishes

• Hey Qwer,

It seems you have very old version of OMD.

For Past months I thought OMD and Check_Mk are entirely different.

I came to know that OMD is open source which is remodeled by ChecK_mk.

Installation of Check_mk and OMD is same.

After installation of Check_mk, you can find the Nagvis and other packages too with it.

Download: https://mathias-kettner.de/che…rsion=1.4.0p5&edition=cre

The above link is for downloading Check_mk which is Deb package.

Reinstall to Check_mk Raw edition which is open source, other enterprises versions are paid.

You can have a lot of unbelivable updates and bugs fixed and will be amazed as like I did.

So reinstall your OMD to Check_Mk.

Regards,

Sathiya Moorthy K

Environment: Distributed monitoring check_mk.

50+ host and 100+ services are monitored.

• hi sathiya002,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know how to run the update? I tried with the command:

Code
    1. omd update

I was told that an update to version 1.00 is possible. It's obvioursly nicht what i need.

I perfer an update rather than new installation, because we have complicated service configurations.

How can i update from the old OMD 1.1 to the current check_mk? Any suggestions?

Best Regards

• - install a current cmk-raw package for your distribution http://mathias-kettner.de/check_mk_download.php?HTML=yes

- backup your site you want to update (omd backup yoursite path)

- make sure that the newly installed cmk version is the default (omd versions)

- update your site to cmk (omd update yoursite)

I am not sure if there are any incompatibilities while upgrading from plain omd versions to cmk omd versions.

• Hey Lucky,

Currently, I was doing that what you're explaining.

I was failed, as there is no external restore option in new check_mk.

Still, I cannot find it here.

I was asked to set backup target here.

To set a backup target it is asking me to mention local path, I honestly don't know where is the local path can be created and mentioned.

I was struck in the middle.

Regards,

Sathiya Moorthy K

Environment: Distributed monitoring check_mk.

50+ host and 100+ services are monitored.