Nagvis 1.9b15 HTTP Error 500

• Hello all!

It's been a while.

I'm having some trouble with NagVis 1.9b15. This happened right after I upgraded from 1.8.5 (the most recent stable version) and it seems like I am unable to access the web interface at all now. As soon as I enter the address into my browser, I receive an HTTP Error 500. This perplexes me, because I have compared my config files with that of another NagVis instance (which is located on a different network) and they are virtually identical. If needed, I can post them here. Another thing that is strange is that I am still able to access the Icinga2 web interface from the same server, so I don't think there is a problem with apache.

I have gone through the regular troubleshooting (checking access_logs and error_logs for apache, checking config files for NagVis and apache, restarting/rebooting services) and have not found any errors with that. Here are their contents:

Is there much that I can do about this or do I have to try to revert back to v1.8.5? Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks for the help in advance!

UPDATE #1 (23 hours later):

I downgraded my NagVis instance from 1.9b15 to 1.9b14 and now it seems to be working fine. This indicates that there seems to be some kind of bug or perhaps new functionality with authentication in 1.9b15. Although it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the documentation, I found the follow excerpt in the changelog from 1.9b14 to 1.9b15:

• New backend "pgsql" to connect with PostgreSQL databases of Icinga. (Thanks a lot to Peter Pentchev for doing the work!)
    • FIX: Security fix: Authenticated users could read contents of local files by opening a custom URL (#29). Only https/http URLs can now be used.
    • FIX: Security fix: Only configured ULRs can be fetched using the Url module (#29)

Perhaps someone can elaborate?

Downloaders beware!

• same issue here on B16, havent yet checked the logs. nagvis 1.9b16 was bundled with the latest check-mk 1.4.0b6