how to change demos with custom maps

• Hi guys I have module nagvis fresh install integration in the icingaweb2 and I am looking for step by step documentation how to add my custom maps in it

in the <ICINGAWEB_CONFIGDIR>/modules/nagvis/config.ini I have this:

[global]
    default-map = demo-overview

[menu]
    demo-germany = Germany
    demo-ham-racks = Hamburg

How can I change this demo page with my custom map and where to downloads maps? can you link me some docs and HOWTOS?

Thank you

• thank you very much I created the world map but have some errors here:

The path "/usr/local/nagvis/etc/maps/demo-overview.cfg" does not exis

• and u cant vi nagvis.ini.php

;[rotation_demo]
    ; These steps are rotated. The single steps may have optional prefixes like "Demo2:"
    ;maps="demo-germany,demo-ham-racks,demo-load,demo-muc-srv1,demo-geomap,demo-automap"

• hello thank you for reply

I can't fix the error "The path "/usr/local/nagvis/etc/maps/demo-overview.cfg" does not exis"

here is my config file:

• I have done this

cat /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/nagvis/config.ini
    [global]
    default-map = world

but same error :(

P.S. grep -i -r "demo-overview.cfg" /usr/local/nagvis/ result is nothing I have nowhere written demo-overview.cfg

• I have installed latest version 1.9b11

ls -la /usr/local/nagvis/etc/maps/

total 12
    drwxrwxr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Feb 6 13:55 .
    drwxrwxr-x 6 www-data www-data 4096 Feb 6 17:36 ..
    -rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 113 Feb 6 13:53 world.cfg

• ?

• :O

• should I delete cache files like this?

/usr/local/nagvis/var/source-demo-geomap.cfg-geomap_1_1_1_0_100_demo_mapnik__0.25_csv_800_600_std_big_0_-1-1.9b11.cache

• I deleted everything in the var/ directory but nothing changed error is same "The path "/usr/local/nagvis/etc/maps/demo-overview.cfg" does not exist."

I even commented public section demo-overview in the File: /usr/local/nagvis/share/server/core/classes/GlobalCore.php

public $demoMaps = Array(
    'demo-germany',
    'demo-ham-racks',
    'demo-load',
    'demo-muc-srv1',
    // 'demo-overview',
    'demo-geomap',
    'demo-automap',
    );

The post was edited 1 time, last by shota ().

If the file doesn't exist the message will reappear. As I showed the tarball contains several demo*cfg files so I still wonder why they are missing on your System.

I have deleted demo maps from Manage Maps section of nagvis web interface, is it necessary to have demo maps? is it wrong to delete them? if so why I ned them?

• Wolfgang thank you very much for help

I did some changes, what I did is that I deleted everithing and created new map with name "demo-overview" and gave the configuration which I wanted and conf looks like this:

now the error about demo-overview.cfg disappeared but I still have the javascript error:

• share/userfiles/templates/default.header.js should contain this function: