How to retrive the nagios configuration file from mysql Database

Please read about the latest changes and upgrade.

Please note that your newly registered account needs to be manually activated by an admin. Just be patient, you cannot post to any forum before this happens. This is thanks to the unfortunate event of spammers recently. More details here.

• I have installed the ndoutils,Nagios configuration files are saved in Database using ndoutils plugin.may i know what purpose we saved data in database. may i know anyway to retrive the configuration file from database.Can you please anyone help me

• NDO stores configuration, status and historical data (e.g. config objects). Configuration files are not accessible from that.

On what purpose did you install NDO in the first place?

• I thought nagios configuration saved in database using ndoutils.I want to install ndoutils for high availablity nagios,Please let me know any other option for high availablity nagios.If there is any other way to store the configuration file and may i know what purpose we used in ndoutils.

Thanks in Advance

• NDO means Nagios Data Output - it just dumps the data into the database backend, but never reads from it. So your attempt with a shared storage in the middle and probably active/passive won't work. In Nagios/Icinga1 common scenarios are Corosync/Pacemaker and DRBD syncing the config and runtime files.